Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whistling in the wind

Joanna sent me a few photos from last week's visit, this one of Caroline teaching the kids how to make music! We'll be alright as long as she doesn't start teaching them to sing....

Caroline and I have had quite an entertaining evening listening to an old DAT tape that I made about 15 years ago of my grandfather in conversation with my mother and I. It's a hilarious recording covering all manner of subjects, which was intended as a test effort to record him secretly; the plan being to do it regularly over a period of time. As chance had it, it was the last time I saw him alive, so forms a unique record of his life. Not been able to listen to the tape for years, but tonight it was very theraputic and extraordinarily amuzing! I must try and transfer this onto CDs, so if there are any family members who want a copy, let me know.

No comments: