Thursday, April 21, 2011

A walk in the park (by bicycle)

Got in from London and Miranda was keen to go out for a tootle - the sun was shining, let's go! now you can rest assured that I'm not proposing turning mippy.co.uk into a videoLog, although it's quite interesting to compare still images with small samples of family life. The kind of stuff that had i not seen this on video, I would have forgotten about completely by sun down....

When you compare the quality of this with similar pro equipment from only a few years ago its amazing what has been packed into a "mobile phone" The sound is excellent and the image capture very impressive.

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Ray Smith who's record shop I used to visit regularly in persuit of vinyl. The last time we were in London I walked past the old shop and pointed it out to Caroline. We used to chat about all sorts, and of course I was steered towards many great albums by this guy and I have missed him since the shop closed.

No comments: