Sunday, July 29, 2012

Officer of the day

I've been racing in the Laser Stratos with Terry today at Lymington in very atmospheric conditions. We managed to get the boat planing beautifully although the waves made it difficult to ride the wind. Most of the time we were heeled right over as we avoided taking a swim. The sea was full of upturned boats, and fortunately we were not one of them!

Later in the day when I cycled down to Calshot I noticed these two sitting in the race officer's tower, but Miranda noticed me before I could get a picture of them.n On Saturday Lewis did OOD duty - doing the timings and recordings of the second race for the first time...

Greg was out in the safety boat giving support to the flotilla of Toppers doing a training session. Not often you see one of these but the unbroken double rainbow just evaded my attempt to catch it!


No comments: