Sunday, July 01, 2012

Cor babe that's really free

 
Had some good fun on the beach with Miranda this morning pretending to do swimming lessons. Lewis and Caroline were out racing and Greg was in the Clubhouse playing computer games, so we got stuck into the real life activity of swimming. She has two personalities; one is consensual, euphoric and exploratory - the other like a heavy stick in water. And this morning she was in go mode.

The wind was northerly and strong, the tide equally challenging. By the time it was my turn to go out with Lewi most were saying they had had enough of the rotten conditions. When the going gets tough.... the tough get going!

A year ago I would have been happy to say it was too windy to be brave, but this time I leaped at the opportunity and Lewis was pushing me all the way. I can honestly say that although exhilarating I did not feel scared for a moment. I have dreamed about battling the waves without fear, and today we were pushed beyond the limits I have previously set and guess what we won the race! Lewi has got killer instinct and is very focused on the start line, but he tends to drift mid race. I am the person with stamina who pushes him on, and boy do we make a good team. We even beat the mighty Rapson today, hopefully the first of many times....!


No comments: