Thursday, March 08, 2012

Book worm

Intended posting this picture several days ago for Gran, as she recently gave Greg a set of about a dozen Alex Rider books, which he can be seen devouring here. I must take a photo of the pike of books by the side of his bed one day to catpture his enthusiasm for reading, you can tell just by the shape of the pile and the book marks that it's a sculpture that changes daily.

Tonight as I was reading with Miranda (Charlie and Chocolate Factory) Greg wandered over and asked "Dad Can I read 'The Illiad' ?" Sitting on the top shelf in the study our Homer had been getting a little dusty, and I didn't expect the question let alone him persevere with reading it. An hour later he's read the first 700+ lines of prose and he's telling me the story so far, the battles as always most powerfully renditioned....

No comments: