Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anyone else see the similarity with cousin Francis in this photograph of Lewis? Taken a week or so ago after a rugger match I chose a different image to post, but I thought it also captures a moment in time quite nicely.

It's been a truly glorious day here today, warm and sunny. Even managed to get a bike ride in through the forest and was lucky enough to observe a long-tailed tit building it's nest in a thick bush of brambles. I'd just been standing at a fave spot listening to the incredible tranquility in the forest, when I became aware of it's birdsong. Once I noticed where the sound was coming from I stood stil,l and watched it come and go about five or six times. Now I know where the nest is I'll be able to track them when I pass it hopefully. Such beautiful little birds.

No comments: