Monday, November 21, 2016

Recovering nicely

Having been laid low for ten days or so recoving from an op, it was nice to be chauffered to the Jazz Club to drink some tasty beer from The Red Cat Brewery, thanks to Fordy. Music courtesy of Will Gibson and his 7 piece ensemble which I thought was first class group. http://www.willgibsonmusic.co.uk/

Will Gibson - tenor/soprano sax, bass clarinet
Sam Leak - piano, Roland kb
Leo Appleyard - electric guitars
Kevin Glasgow - electric bass
Chris Nickolls - drums
Paul Jordanous - trumpet
Tom White - trombone

The only weakness for me was trying to follow the notation too closely, a bit more improvisation would have suited me, but clearly they are all hugely taleted guys. Sam Leak I really thought was good and Tom White on trombone too. Kevin Glasgow I saw playing here some months ago with a trio called Preston Glasgow Lowe. Sam played here earlier in the year with Duncan Eagles.

No comments: