Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stuck in

Gran gave Greg a box of Michael Morpurgo books for Christmas, and he's been stuck into a few already, in between the Percy Jackson and other assorted books he's currently reading. I was surprised yesterday in the British Museum to discover so many things he knew about Greek Mythology, and characters such as Poseidon, Zeus and Hades just from reading the Jackson books.

Lewis has been reading many of the Morpurgo books himself, and is already a big fan. He currently has his latest book out from the Library. I have to be honest that because he runs around brandishing a sword all the time I'd assumed they were just a load of warrior nonsense...

I myself have been reading Morgurgo's 'Escape from Shangri-La' which Greg finished earlier in the day, and it's a great book. I'm trying to keep up!

No comments: