Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello Kitty

Chatting to Gran earlier and she was describing the wet and windy weather down in Wales, so had to remind myself that the Sun shines mainly on the righteous (he he!) This one taken this afternoon whilst playing in Miranda's imaginary cafe with Greg, about 15ft off the ground in Stubbs Wood in the Forest. As you can see she has no self consciousness any more, it's an entirely natural world that she's inhabiting, aware of my camera and ignoring me, and enjoying it too!

We had a top walk today, with an excellent sighting of a 1M long adder with a girth of about 45mm, certainly the biggest I've seen in the Forest. We also saw a lovely lizard, although not well enough to identify it. I'm really proud that the kids all look out for critters and observe them (often seeing them first) but always carefully aware of the animal's safety.

No comments: