Thursday, January 07, 2010

One hundred years ago today


This delightful picture of a few of my clan shows my "Auntie Ila" (on far RHS) who would have been 100 years old today. Next to Ila is her husband Charles and son David, and her mother Elizabeth (Lily).

Ila was one of five girls, and was really my Mum's Aunt. Also included in the picture is her sister Muriel (who will be 91 this year) and her husband Dennis.

The other girls were Maud (my grandmother who would have been a 100 next year),  Bett (who lives in Lichfield) and Dilys.

Thanks for this timely reminder to Alison Cross....

Inspiration for the day - check out Nick Sinclair's 'Murmation' series

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture , where did you get it ?

jonboy said...

If anyone "in the clan" would like a hi-res copy of this file just email me... see the SAY HELLO box for address

Jon

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,

I love the pic on your blog - A hundred years old today - of your family on a picnic. I have a big favour to ask. If you have time (and maybe you have if you're snowed in like we are!) would you put it on a Guest Page of my Picnic Site with the explanation you have in your blog?

You can link to your blog if you like - it won't go live when you write it, but I'll make sure to make it live before I publish.

I'd love people to submit pic of picnics and maybe you would get the ball rolling for me!

This is the page: http://www.the-picnic-site.com/guest-book.html

Many, many thanks,

Emily McDonald
Hants., UK

Eat out! Have a picnic!
http://www.the-picnic-site.com