Tuesday, December 29, 2009


That's the great thing about Christmas - it's grey and wet outside and there's time to play all those games needing more than fifteen minutes to complete. This one's an old favourite called GWR with rules so complicated that you wished you played it more often. It's a great game needing no dice and no money and intimate knowledge of the railway system pre1960.

I was feeling so confused after the first thirty minutes that I wondered if we'd see the end of the game, but despite Lewis' grasp of how he was going to win by exploiting Gregory's keenest interest in conspiring against me - heh heh, I came out on top. Greg second and Lewis last place in the points table.

We've also played battleships today several times, as well as a few others I can't even remember the name of.


Extra photo of Mippy too as a bonus. I have to spend them before year end (so to speak)




Almost forgot to mention Lewis' contribution to dinner tonight was a rather tasty starter. Cous Cous balls with pine nuts and lemon, shallow fried with a piquant dressing and salad (I can't ask him exactly what as he's now gone to bed!)

No comments: