Monday, April 01, 2013

His nibs

 A number of fun related aspects to my day today. Having got Lewis busy in the kitchen, and Greg busily esconced in some Sketchup, I had a nice request from Miranda if I would teach her how to use my camera. It would be very nice she thought if she could have a go.

Well the time was right, she was all mine. We started off with my fixed focal length lenses but as they have to be manually focussed present a bit of a challenge so I thought I'd use my old auto zoom lens which made things a lot easier. It was interesting to see that immediately she stopped composing and simply zoomed in, the sort of lazy technique that I so hate about zoom lenses. However she took some lovely pictures and being sharp are very usable. So I have a new icon photo (maybe even a passport photo) for the fifties... Although eerily within five minutes of posting this photo my iTunes throws up Hall of Stars by Kraftwerk .... "Even the Greatest Stars (dislike their face in the Looking Glass)", and I have to say Popsie it isn't true.

What do you think, black and white or colour? What's your favourite Miranda...



No comments: