Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Act your Age

It's not many Grandparents that you'll find swinging on a Tarzan Rope, but Miranda and I had a good laugh looking at this photo which arrived from Uncle Chris. It's funny how evocative a photo can be, but this image brings back very stange memories. It's taken in the woods by my parents house, where we used to play as children. I can recall those shapes and the bleached out landscape over Llanllwch even though its forty years more or less since we were doing this sort of thing ourselves.

Looking as though she's in training for a crew position on a 29er, don't you think?

At 78 my mother's not giving up just yet.

Two links today -  the first to the Guardian "Why is this Pit still open?", and the the following link is mainly for Gregory who is very interested in Roman history

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Blimey, last time she did that I ended up taking her to casualty, that was at least fourteen years ago too!