Friday, December 03, 2010

It'll be all white on the night

When Miranda was very small Christian gave her a Book of Letters - a sort of scribbling book with lots of letters and numbers inside. She has used the book a lot over the last few years for drawing and the like - but now she's also writing in it! I wonder when she'll be doing the blog herself...

The snow is still thick on the ground here, although we're forecast rain overnight. It's been very cold and even the road along the shore into Hythe has about two inches of ice across the whole surface - very treacherous indeed. Normally it's just the bit of road outside the house that stays icy, but this time I think they have given up! Also still a deep layer over all the fields. Walking back across the playing fields the scene was just like the famous Frank Hurley photograph of Shackleton's fateful mission to the South Pole. Didn't have my camera with me, so no photo of my own!

Really sad to hear of the passing of Gregory Isaacs, who for one reason or another reminds me of that first term at Farnham Art College, way back when... at just 59.

Night Nurse

No comments: