Thursday, November 11, 2010

Boatyard

I found this picture in Lewis' bedroom, and we've not had one of his pictures for a while.

It's a combination of his current interests; lorries (obvious really I know) and boats starting to appear too!

Last night I showed him the copy of "Ocean Going Wayfarer" by Frank Dye that I was given by my Uncle Jeremy when I got into sailing the Wayfarer. Lewis has just started with a Wayfarer, although it's come to an end of the season pretty much.

I was describing some of the journeys that Frank Dye made across to Iceland and Norway, and you could see Lewis making calculations about how challenging the trip must have been. I was so gripped I re-read the book myself after he'd gone to bed...

I was greatly saddened to read that he'd died earlier this year aged 82

Award winning Projects

No comments: