Saturday, January 02, 2010

Every picture tells a story


I've been trying to capture this moment for a while, but some things that make me laugh don't always translate into images.

The kids love pretending to be horses, and this is something that Lewis started. He whinnies, jumps ditches, rides carriage horse and a whole lot besides, but this moment is when he decides to take off and whips his horse (his own bottom)! Such is his influence that they all now all do this simultaneously. It's the most hilarious sight seeing three children whipping themselves without complaint, not once but maybe twenty of thirty times as they hack around into the bushes and jump hedges. If there was a moment of pure happiness from the Christmas holiday for me it would be this!

Today Lewis and I had a fab bike ride early doors across the beautiful frosty landscape. Everything was white and frozen hard. The tide was very high at Calshot and absolutely loads of birds on the waters edge. I watched a Kingfisher hunting on the shore line which made me happy too, the light was awesome and every bird I saw looked extraordinary, especially a Curlew profile against the water as it took off.

No comments: