Saturday, March 22, 2008

Drawing out genius


The wet and wintery weather has continued today so we've spent a fair bit of time indoors drawing and colouring. Lewis in particular was keen to get his entry for the Wild Things drawing and painting competition together.

This is Greg with his picture of a waterbird, which he studiously produced after reading through a Natural History book - the bird a slight hybrid I think!

We had a bike ride this afternoon, which unfortunately was cut short after the rim on Greg's bike wore through from the brake block abrasions - the only other time I have seen this happen was on my bike..... nice to know we get our money's worth from our cycling equipment!

Tonight reflect upon the passing of a great photographer - War as seen through the eye of the civilian...
Philip Jones Griffiths, born Rhuddlan, Wales, 18 February 1936 - died 18 March 2008.

"I've enjoyed all the good things in life. While never signing any pieces of paper (I will never allow bourgeois society to dictate my emotions!) I've had two significant relationships that resulted in two wonderful daughters. As for falling in love, this happens on a daily basis..." Philip Jones Griffiths interviewed by Anthony Brockway, 2004.

No comments: