Wednesday, June 05, 2013

To Pimlico and beyond

In preparation for his sailing trip around the Channel Islands and Britany Coast...

Our Blackbirds are back in the garden. I assumed that after fledging they would be gone for good (mainly) but Caroline noticed that she was back on her nest! Well the news is that she has laid three more eggs which would appear to have begun hatching already. When I passed early this morning the low light illuminated the nest beautifully and I could see a breaking through of the shell.

A bit later at coffee time I came back and she was on the nest, and awho should come along but Mr Blackbird with one juvenile, and they followed each other to about half a dozen spots before flying off. So now we know what Mr B gets up to...



Been listening a lot to an album called The Time a lot recently by Lars Danielsson and Leszek Mozdzer which has two versions of a track called Suffering. I found a live version on Youtube, so am sharing it for the faithfull... It would be remiss of me not to namecheck the superb percussion by Zohar Fresco. The whole concert via Polish TV is here


No comments: