Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Like a little monkey

I've been out all day, and when I got home I could see a little face pulled up to the garage door window and two little sets of fingers holding on for dear life! That's what I call a welcome.

Had a text from Joanna earlier saying she was released from hospital at last, so lets hope her blood INR levels stay stable. It'll be nice to be home again, even if it means she won't be able to go climbing trees for a while like Miranda...

There a great slide show of photographs by Herman Leonard tonight on the Beeb site. Smoky Jazz filled rooms in all their glory...   

Quincy Jones once said, ‘I used to tell cats that Herman Leonard did with his camera what we did with our instruments. Looking back across his career, I’m even more certain of the comparison: Herman’s camera tells the truth, and makes it swing. Musicians loved to see him around. No surprise; he made us look good.’

Also have a look at Robin Gibson's obituary

No comments: