Friday, June 18, 2010

Let them eat cake

It was just about beach time when I emerged from my workroom, and I found Lewis busily making a cake - I think it's a date and orange sponge, but I'm sure he'll tell me it's much more complicated than that when he reads this...

It was as black as the Ace of Spades upon the beach, but we didn't actually get wet. Hopefully we get a downpour overnight then it'll be fine for our bike ride tomorrow. Hurray it's the weekend!

This morning Lewis wrote a review of a Zara Phillips biography that he's just read which seemed to focus on rather more of the social life than the horses. We're wondering what narrative the book contained, as we'd naively assumed it was a 'girl meets horse' sort of story. Whatever he was quite discrete!

Greg has met and spent time learning from Korky Paul, the illustrator who did all the Winnie the Witch books in school today. Naturally he's been showing off his talents, so we might have an illustration tomorrow...

No comments: