Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First Recording session....



I made the above movie earlier as I was trying to find a way of loading sound to the blog, unfortunately it was a bit time consuming to do. I think I have now cracked the best way to do this as the sound quality on the movie is poor after the MPEG compression. I'm still experimenting with how to host the music but below is an MP3 of Richard Cory which you really should listen to, just follow the link and press the start triangle... He's playing, singing and playing tambourine of this one!

Richard Cory performed by Lewis Brown (orig by Simon and Garfunkle)

Also below is an MP3 of Homeward bound recorded and edited in the evening using Audacity and exported to MP3 using LAME on my Portastudio (Apple MacBook Core2 Intel Duo) using the mac's internal mic and direct to two tracks....

Homeward Bound by Lewis Brown (orig by Simon and Garfunkle)

It would be good if you let me know which of these work best to audition.  Lewis was very excited when I told him that the youtube movie had had 16 views by 8pm today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well done Lewis your playing and singing is really good we are so proud of you Lots of love Gran and Grandan xxxx

Whim said...

Great stuff Lewis! Very impressive. I look forward to the next recording.