Sunday, February 18, 2007

Reflecting...


I was looking at some old photographs of Calshot today, taken about 80 years ago when things looked quite different. It made me think about image making and how far we've traveled over the last century or so, and how important the discovery of photography has been to our undersatnding of the world around us. We are able to define history based upon the documentary evidence of images, but for every image that is seen there is a huge amount of history that is unseen...

My camera going pop yesterday leaves me with a dilemma, do I not post, do I get my film camera out (process the film, dry it and scan the images etc etc), do I post just words, or do I show images out of synch from the archive?

Not able to draw a conclusion I'm afraid, so this one is from about a week ago, as Miranda makes the transition from ape to homo erectus. She's walking around quite confidently now, but today she has grazes on her knees, as she's hitting the ground with such force now when she finally keels over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? your camera went pop, now that is not good news, looks like you might have to get your sketch book out.