Sunday, January 11, 2009

Look carefully


It's been a while, but I have been processing film this evening! Having shot the three rolls of film within the last eight days with my Ricoh GR1-V I now have to follow though with the back of house stuff...

I've been talking to Lewis this evening about all the technical aspects of photography that we used to take in our stride, and it reminded my of how complicated it all was 'in the olden days'. We really used to have some craft skills, which I guess I'd pretty much forgotten about, .....until I picked up my Darkroom book and started running through alll the detail.

It also gave me the chance to reflect on the immediacy of digital, and how much fun it is to be able to post shards of life instantly, without the inevitable few weeks wait if I was doing this traditionally.

No comments: